Please use the drop down box in the header to access the Application & Letter of Intent information.
Requirements & Guidelines:
All Applicants Must:
- Be a recognized non-profit, tax exempt organization by the IRC Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service and cannot be funded by the federal, state or local government.
- Serve animals and keep their best interest at heart and do everything within financial and staffs means to intake as many animals as comfortably possible including animals that may be in kill shelters, puppy mills, etc. You must also be a no-kill shelter.
- You may apply every year, but if you are awarded the grant (2) consecutive years in a row, you may not apply the third year. You may, however submit an application the following year.
- Be based in Florida: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton counties
- Follow deadlines as required for Letter of Intent and Application process. You may submit by mail or email.
- Use funds for project in which you applied for and fall within our guidelines.
- Expend funds within 12 months of date awarded unless prior knowledge of a lengthier time is requested on your application.
- Send us photos along with a summary of completion of a project in which we are given rights for use in future publications. If it is something other than a specific project such as food, vet bills, etc; document how these funds were used and how they made an impact on budget and the ability to help more animals.
- All applications must be typed or filled in electronically. Handwritten or incomplete applications will not be accepted. You may provide up to (2) additional pages with your application; which could include a quote for your project or additional information you would like to supply.
The Board of Directors has the right to decline an applicant if they do not fall within our guidelines. Organizations that do not meet the criteria will receive a letter stating reasons why approval was not granted.
400 Paws, Inc. has the authority to withhold and/or recover awarded funds in case such funds are, or appear to be, misused.
400 Paws will not provide funding for:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits.
- General operating expenses or overhead.
- Financing or refinancing an existing debt.
- Improvements or renovations to property where the organization does not own or have at least a 3 year lease unless under certain circumstances that must be approved by the 400 Paws Board of Directors.
As 400 Paws, Inc. continues to expand our capabilities we reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements without notice at any time.